Links

My photo
Trenton, Ontario, Canada
In June 2012 we started the Great Loop in our Bayliner Explorer. This blog is for family and friends who would like to follow our comings and goings and , for now, our getting ready for the trip. If you read this blog we would love to hear your comment& suggestions.

Monday 27 August 2012

Chicago Part 2


This is my kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of people, too
People who smile at you

And each time I roam, Chicago is
Calling me home, Chicago is
Why I just grin like a clown
It's my kind of town......................................Frank Sinatra


We have really enjoyed our stay here in Hammond Indiana but the best thing about it is that Chicago is just 30 mins away by train :)

We have done a lot of touristy sight-seeing and we have enjoyed every minute of it.

The next leg of our Loop trip is going to be the Rivers heading south to Alabama and Florida. We have heard it is boring and long days, and even though we look forward to moving on,  we wanted to make sure we saw as much as our tired old legs could handle.

So here are some pictures we would like to share with you from the past days.
We hope you enjoy then as much as we enjoyed making the memories that go with them.

Looking East toward Hammond Indianna and the marina where
we have spent the past week.

A major accomplishment for Gary who is not too fond of heights.
Poor guy, I have had him go up two high buildings and a Ferris wheel with me, and he
is still smiling.
By the way, that glass case is very intimidating and made my belly go Whooop when
I looked down.

Another view from the high Sears / Willis Towers

The Sanitary / Illinois river. We will be heading through down-town Chicago
in a few days making our way south, continuing on our Loop


The Museum of Science and Industry was one of the TOP places
we saw in Chicago, and probably Gary's favourite.
( Planes, cars, boats, Submarines.....You get the picture)

The Museum of Science and Industry
A Chicago must-see as far as we are concerned.

Greek inspired
http://www.msichicago.org/about-the-museum/museum-overview/

Science made fun

Evil genius?

With his Nascar hero, Jeff Gordon

The U-505 Submarine

On June 4, 1944 the American boat USS Chatelain captured
 this German U Boat. It is now a land mark exibit at the museum.

It was brought to Chicago and is on display in a specially built
large basement room in the museum
http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/


Many special-effect stations all around the museum
Here I am holding lights in my empty arms.




Me, Gary, Adam and Jamie

For videos of our visit and Gary's escapades,please check out our facebook page


............to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment